Monday, January 26, 2009

Here's a little summary of my life...

I'm married to an amazing man who I began dating at age 19. We've been married 7 years and have two kids...oh, and I can't forget our Lab Daisy (who's been twice demoted). We live in Wichta and love it. I think the midwest is underated. When we were first married, all we could think about was ways to leave. Now we only think about how sad we would be if we had to leave.

Alex is the kindest hearted person I know. He's good at expressing his feelings, and really connects with the kids and me. He's a production test pilot, and really enjoys what he does. It's the job he's kind of always wanted, and after a few other jobs, I'm so glad he found it. He spends his spare time playing with us, or working on our basement, or on our car....if you're ever thinking about owning a Saab, think twice. They drive nice but the parts are outrageously expensive.

I am in a role I never thought I would enjoy as much as I do. I am the most content now than I have ever been in my life. For those who know me well, you know I am a people person and kind of type A. I love interaction and accomplishing goals. Since having kids, I traded my day job of working with other people's kids to working, or should i say "loving" my own two. I'm daily thankful that I get to stay home with them, even when its hard. I'm learning to be more content being alone...not that I'm ever really alone with two kids, and learning to be more ok with silence..not that the house is ever really silent. You get the just of it...

Oliver is 2 1/2. His birthday is 6/6/06. The day he was born there was hardly a soul in the hospital b/c everyone was scared of having a baby on that day. He defies every underlying meaning of that date:) He has been a joy since day one. He's all boy, except for the fact that he talks all the time. Most people say he looks like me as a kid, and I would agree, only adding that he has Alex's hair and eye color. He is in tune with people and connects the dots in ways that suprise me.

Meredith is almost 10 months, and is fun and passionate. Having a girl has been wonderful and different. She lets no grass grow under her feet, and has a great smile. She looks so much like Alex that you could swap their baby pictures and no one one know it...except for the 70's clothes in Alex's pics and the amount of pink Mer wears. She has a strong will which we hope will serve her well.

So that's us....in a nutshell. What I wrote sounds strikingly like a Christmas card. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. ya-hoo! blogging is indeed great therapy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete