Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grief and Loss

I'm reading a book entitled "A Grace Disguised" by Jerry Sittser that is speaking to me. I've been volunteering with an organization called Three Trees that runs support groups to help grieving children and their families. The director loaned this book to me, and I would highly recommend it since we all have or will face loss. He says that we never fully recover from loss, but that it becomes a deep part of us that we integrate into who we are. I agree. I think in this world, we focus so much on "recovery," as if its something that's complete and we move on. Life does go on, but to those whom have lost, it's a daily battle of "recovering." It makes me realize how short life is, and how fragile it is, but it's full of joy too. It is challenging me to live each day to the fullest, and let those around me know how I feel about them. I need to return the book, but I think I'll get a copy, so if anyone wants to borrow it, feel free.

1 comment:

  1. It is very true that "tribulation worketh patience" It is also true that "all things work together" and the two go hand in hand to weave a stronger servant for god

    ReplyDelete